A new track and a new team-mate for Laurens Vanthoor in Texas


Laurens Vanthoor enjoyed a successful weekend at Virginia International Raceway. The Belgian ace competed in Pirelli World Challenge's SprintX series driving a Porsche 911 GT3-R from customer team GMG Racing.

Laurens Vanthoor will be back to the factory Porsche GT Team in the IMSA WeatherTech SportsCar Championship next week. The premier North American sportscar series will be heading to Austin for the fourth round of the season.

A new track and a new team-mate for Laurens Vanthoor in Texas. He will be joined by fellow Porsche works driver Wolf Henzler, who replaces Kevin Estre at the wheel of the #912 Porsche 911 RSR.

"Like all the racetracks in the USA, the Circuit of the Americas is new territory for me." said Laurens Vanthoor. "For this reason I have to try and make the best possible use of the free practice so that I can quickly familiarise myself with the course."

"I’m not only facing a new circuit, but I also have a new teammate. I’m looking forward to my first race with Wolf. He knows the track and I bet he has some good tips for me."

Photo: Porsche