Gianmaria Bruni targets a retrun to FIA WEC in 2018 with Porsche


A new chapter and new era for Gianmaria Bruni in 2017. The Italian GT ace has recently switched from Ferrari Competizione GT to Porsche Motorsport.

Gianmaria Bruni will be competing in the second half of this season's IMSA WeatherTech SportsCar Championship driving for the factory backed Porsche GT Team.

He will be at the wheel of a brand new Porsche 911 RSR in all the rounds post-Le Mans 24 Hours

Gianmaria Bruni had a chat with Endurance-Info about his move and the new challenges ahead with the Stuttgart based brand.

"It's the start of a new era for me. It's going to be a year of learning with a new car and a new team, but I am delighted to race for Porsche" Gianmaria Bruni said.

About his new team-mates: "I know the Porsche drivers, but from the other side. I had so many great battles with them but now I am part of the Porsche family"

Gianmaria Bruni will be racing in IMSA's competitive GTLM class this year, but he's targeting a return to the FIA World Endurance Championship and the very strong GTE-Pro class next year with Porsche: "I hope to return to FIA WEC in 2018"

Photo: Porsche