Laurens Vanthoor happy with Daytona performances


Laurens Vanthoor enjoyed a very strong debut with Porsche in last weekend's Rolex 24 at Daytona. It was a race of first times for the talented Belgian GT ace.

His first event with the German brand as a works driver. His first appearance in IMSA WeatherTech SportsCar Championship and its ultra competitive GT Le Mans class and his first race at the wheel of the GTE spec car.

The former Audi Sport star performed very well in the Florida classic with fast and consistent lap times on both wet and dry. He shared the works #912 Porsche 911 RSR with team-mates Kevin Estre and Richard Lietz.


"Daytona was my first race for Porsche, my first with the 911 RSR and the first in the USA. Everything actually went well, even though there’s room for improvement as far as the result goes" Laurens Vanthoor said at the end of the 24-hour event.

About his personal performance: " I didn’t make any mistakes and that’s important. I wasn’t totally happy with my performance, I can do better, but I still have a bit of time"

Laurens Vanthoor is confident about the 911 RSR pace and chances for the upcoming IMSA WeatherTech SportsCar Championship events: "The car has potential and that makes me optimistic for the rest of the season".

The next race for Laurens Vanthoor with the factory Porsche GT Team will be another endurance classic, the demanding 12 Hours of Sebring.

Photos: Porsche