vendredi 20 janvier 2017

Laurens Vanthoor looks forward to a strong Rolex 24 with Porsche



Laurens Vanthoor will be competing for the first time with Porsche and in North American sportscar racing at the Rolex 24 at Daytona.

The former Audi factor driver, 2016 FIA GT World Cup winner and multiple Blancpain GT Series champion will debut in GTE racing too.

The Belgian GT ace will be racing for Porsche GT Team and will be at the wheel of the brand new Porsche 911 RSR in the highly competitve GT Le Mans (GTLM) class. He will be sharing the car with fellow Porsche works drivers Kevin Estre, his full season team-mate, and Richard Lietz.


Laurens Vanthoor is aiming high in the Florida classic and opening round of the 2017 IMSA WeatherTech SportsCar Championship.

"To contest my first race as a Porsche factory driver in Daytona is something very special for me. It’s a dream come true", said Laurens Vanthoor.

"I really wanted to compete in the USA and have Kévin alongside me as a teammate – and in fact all my wishes were granted".

He added: "Now it’s up to me to justify that confidence at my first Daytona race by performing well"

Photos: Porsche