samedi 7 janvier 2017

Clearwater Racing to compete in FIA WEC with Ferrari


Clearwater Racing is set to compete in the 2017 FIA World Endurance Championship with the Ferrari brand.

The 2015/2016 Asian Le Mans Series GT champions will field a single Ferrari 488 GTE within the GTE-Am class with support from AF Corse.

The Singapore-based's Ferrari will be driven by Mok Weng Sun, Keita Sawa and Matt Griffin. All three drivers are competing with the team in the 2016/2017 Asian Le Mans Series with a Ferrari 488 GT3.

In 2016 Clearwater Racing competed in the 24 Hours of Le Mans with a Ferrari 458 Italia taking the GTE-Am pole position.

Mok Weng Sung, Clearwater Racing Team Principal:

We’ve been thinking about this for a while, but it’s a big commitment, financially as well as time wise. I’ve been waving back and forth on the idea, and then this weekend I just had a good chat with the team and said ‘Let’s go do it’. 

I was actually planning on retiring from racing after this season in the Asian Le Mans Series; I’ve been doing it for 11 years and I’ll be turning 50 next year, so I thought I’d wind it back. 

But the lure of being able to race in the premier GT championship in the World was just too much of a lure, and of course I want to go back to Le Mans, and so to have a guaranteed entry as well as the ability to race on the greatest circuits on the planet with top rated teams, I just said – Let’s go do it.

Photo; Asian Le Mans Series