Marcel Fassler and Mike Rockenfeller rejoin Corvette Racing for Daytona and Sebring


Corvette Racing has confirmed that Marcel Fassler and Mike Rockenfeller will be back with the team for two IMSA WeatherTech SportsCar Championship events in 2017.

The two Audi works drivers competed in 2016 in seleceted events with Chevrolet full factotry squad in the premier North American sportscar series.

Marcel Fassler won two races this season, the Rolex 24 at Daytona and the 12 Hours of Sebring. He shared with the #4 Corvette C7.R with the series champions Oliver Gavin and Tommy Milner.

Mike Rockenfeller was behind the wheel of the #3 Corvette C7.R with Antonio Garcia and Jan Magnussen.


Marcel Fassler:

I’m very happy to back with Corvette Racing for the Daytona and Sebring races in IMSA. It will be my second attempt at Daytona and hopefully a second victory. Last year we were able to win both of those classic endurance races. The victory at Daytona was an exciting experience – especially the last couple of hours. When both cars crossed the finish line that close together, we were unsure at first which Corvette won. I was thrilled that it was our No. 4 Corvette with Olly and Tommy.

Daytona last year was racing at its best. For sure I will give my maximum effort to repeat with my mates Olly and Tommy both at Daytona and Sebring. I’m really excited to get back into the Corvette C7.R and be back with the Corvette Racing team again

Mike Rockenfeller:

I’m very happy to rejoin Corvette Racing for the North American endurance events. Last year was great fun for me getting back into a GT car, and the Corvette C7.R did not disappoint. I am eager to get back in the Corvette and prepare myself for Daytona and Sebring, where we were very competitive in 2016 with the No. 3 Corvette.

The fight within GTLM is very close among many manufacturers. You must have a strong team in all areas, and that is why Corvette Racing and Chevrolet have been successful in GT racing. The engineers, crew and drivers all work well together to give both Corvettes the best chance at victory. That will be the goal for all of us.

Photos: Chevrolet