dimanche 20 novembre 2016

Nicki Thiim delighted with the world title and gives full credits to Aston Martin Racing


Nicki Thiim had a magical weekend in Bahrain, home of the ninth round and season finale of the 2016 FIA World Endurance Championship.

The Aston Martin factory driver clinched the GTE-Pro class victory in the six-hour event - his second in this year's competition - and won the overall driver's title along with team-mate Marco Sørensen.

A first title for the Dane Train with Aston Martin. While the British brand celebrated its first titles in FIA WEC since joining the premier sporstcar series back in 2012.

Nicki Thiim was delighted with race victory in Bahrain and the championship title. He also gave full credits to Aston Martin Racing after a successful 2016 campaign driving the Young Driver AMR run #95 Vantage GTE.


As I said over and over again. I made a big change to my racing career at the beginning of this season. That was to come to a new team in Aston Martin Racing with a range of new partners in Total and Dunlop.

I told my teammate that it would be amazing to win the championship with this team and with a fellow Dane and I still can’t really believe that we now have our first WEC championship with Aston Martin. I’ve just driven two stints in the car so I need a moment to calm down but I am sure the emotions will come.

The consistency throughout the season has been amazing, the car has been great and the improvements we’ve made with our partners throughout the year have been incredible. To be up there in our first year with two new partners in Dunlop and Total and to compete against some big teams with their two new cars is really something special. Right now, I’m very happy with what I and the team have achieved.

Photo: Aston Martin / Dunlop