jeudi 3 novembre 2016

Marco Cioci delighted with Asian Le Mans Series win at Zhuhai


Ferrari GT ace Marco Cioci, along with team-mates Nasrat Muzayyin, Rui Aguas, scored a fine GT victory at the 4 Hours of Zhuhai, the opening round of the 2016 / 2017 Asian Le Mans Series.

At the wheel of the #38 Ferrari 488 GT3 from Spirit of Race, Marco Cioci had a breathtaking battle for the class win with fellow Ferrari driver Matt Griffin.

At the checkered the gap between the two sportscar aces was less than two seconds after four hours of intense racing.

Marco Cioci was delighted with the win in the Chinese event and gave full credits to Spirit of Race and his two team-mates.


First I want to say thanks to the organisation because I really enjoyed today, fighting with my friend Matt Griffin. It was a great battle and thanks to my team mates who put me in front. 

It was a tough race. Everybody was pushing, and this track was not easy because everyone brakes late, but that’s how you have to race here. It’s part of the game. It was important for me not to ruin what my team mates had put in place. 

Special thanks to my engineer who kept me calm during the last stint and kept me focused. This win has made me really happy and I will be smiling on my flight back home.

Photo: Asian Le Mans Series