samedi 10 septembre 2016

Porsche North America drivers quotes ahead of COTA


Quotes from Porsche North America drivers ahead of the IMSA WeatherTech SportsCar Championship round at the Circuit of the Americas.

Patrick Pilet (911 RSR #911):

The Circuit of the Americas is one of my favourite racetracks in the USA. But a victory there is still missing from my collection. We got very close to winning last year, but while we were in the lead we had to pit briefly two laps before the finish. I hope we can do better this time. Our chances look good, because Austin has traditionally been good turf for us.

Nick Tandy (911 RSR #911):

I always particularly look forward to Austin. Part of the reason for this is the demanding racetrack – I especially enjoy the first fast sector. But the city has a very special flair and it’s always worth a visit. As for the race, we have a score to settle. This year I hope that we can bring home the victory that we lost last year just a few kilometres from the finish line.


Earl Bamber (911 RSR #912):

I have great memories of Austin. In 2014 I won the Porsche Mobil 1 Supercup title there, and we were also looking good last year with the 911 RSR. Austin is one of my favourite American cities. Since the Circuit of the Americas also hosts a round of the WEC, I’ll be able to catch up with many Porsche teammates and old friends. I’m really looking forward to that.

Frédéric Makowiecki (911 RSR #912): 

Finally I get to go racing on a familiar US racetrack. The Circuit of the Americas has an interesting layout and I’m very confident that we can match the pace of the frontrunners. We should be able to make the most of the 911 RSR’s traction advantages, especially in the slow corners. The most important thing will be to find the optimal balance for our car during the practice session.