Porsche's Michael Christensen: "I’m excited about my second WEC season"


Porsche ace Michael Christensen will compete this year in FIA World Endurance Championship. The talented driver from Danemark will share the factory supported #77 Porsche 911 RSR with defending GTE-Pro champion Richard Lietz.

Michael Christensen and Richard Lietz were team-mates last year in FIA WEC with the full factory Porsche Team Manthey squad, this season they will drive for the semi-works Dempsey Proton Racing.

Earlier this year Michael Christensen competed at the Rolex 24 at Daytona and the 12 Hours of Sebring with Porsche North America. He was fast in both IMSA races and proved to be among the best GT drivers around. Two demanding events which could be helpful according to Michael Christensen ahead of the 2016 FIA WEC opener at Silverstone.


Normally you only conduct tests before the first race of a championship. But I’ve already clocked up a decent amount of kilometres at the races in Daytona and Sebring. That must surely give us a small advantage. 

I’m excited about my second WEC season and working with the experi- enced Dempsey Proton Racing crew. The season-opening round at Silverstone – the heart of British motor racing – is something very special to me. 

I really like the race- track, I’ve driven many different vehicles there and I always felt great. The enthusi- asm of the British fans adds to the fantastic atmosphere

Read: FIA WEC champion Richard Lietz eager to perform well at Silverstone with Porsche

Photos: Porsche