Oliver Gavin delighted with Rolex 24 victory and gives credits to Corvette Racing


Corvette Racing clinched an emotional 1-2 victory at the Rolex 24 at Daytona. The two factory Corvette C7.Rs battled each other for GT Le Mans class supremacy in the very closing stages of the race.

It was a hard but clean battle between Oliver Gavin with the #4 Corvette C7.R and his team-mate Antonio Garcia on the sister #3 machine. At the end of the 24-hour event, the two Corvette crossed the line together with a true photo finish. Fans on site and all over the world enjoyed one of the greatest battles in modern sportscar racing.

Oliver Gavin  who shared the winning car with Tommy Milner and Marcel Fassler was delighted with the GTLM victory at the Rolex 24.

I am obviously thrilled, thrilled to get the victory. My first one here. Great to share it with these two guys; Tommy and Marcel drove brilliantly throughout the race. And it was an amazing effort by everybody at Corvette Racing, and I'm thrilled to be able to stand on the top step there and get an amazing victory here.


The British ace gave full credits to his team Corvette Racing and to Antonio Garcia for the epic finish in the twice around the clock Florida classic.

It was crazy. Antonio Garcia was coming so quickly. I think he had fresher tires. He has been so good in this car for the last couple of years and I knew I was going to have a battle on my hands. Then when he caught me and we got in a bit of a tow. He tried to pass me around the outside of Turn 1 and he was almost on the lock-stop sideways. I was still trying to get the spot back. It was as close as it possibly could get to us touching. He is a fantastic teammate and an amazing guy. I wouldn't really want to race anybody else.

I am just thrilled for everybody at Corvette Racing and our C7.R. Tommy Milner, Marcel Fassler all the guys at Corvette Racing. Just a brilliantly, the whole day, it's been tooth and nail the whole way with Ferrari, BMW, Ford, it's been extraordinary.
Photos: Chevrolet