mardi 5 mai 2015

Risi Competizione drivers quotes after Laguna Seca


Pierre Kaffer, driver, No. 62 Ferrari F458 Italia:

“I think today we were ninety-five percent. On my start of the race, I was stuck in first gear and could not change, so I lost a position or two then I gained one back. We made the great pit stop and put the car in the lead so everything was under control. Then, unfortunately, we had the radio problem on the restart call after the caution for Giancarlo, so he lost position on the restart. On my second stint I was right behind (Michael) Christiansen (in the No. 912 Porsche). I could catch up but then finally I hit the inside curb a bit hard  in Turn 4, with my thought to take more momentum. In the front was a GTD car and I was concentrating too much to him. Anyway, I bent the steering and after that the race was done because I couldn’t get the speed up again.

Today it was horrible in the traffic. I think everyone had some problems, but that’s how racing is with different classes racing together. We finished fourth, which isn’t a bad result. We scored the fastest lap time in the race, so that’s something that gives us light at the end of the tunnel. We are looking forward to the next race at Watkins Glen. I think we learned a lot about our aerodynamic package, which we have here for the first time at Laguna Seca. We lost a few points to the BMW, but we gained points on the Corvette, so it isn’t a bad result for us. We win together and we lose together and today we’re not on the podium, but I think next time it will be our turn again.”

Giancarlo Fisichella, driver, No. 62 Ferrari F458 Italia:

“The main problem was when I went out after our first pit stop. I mean, the crew did a fantastic job and we were first out, but as soon as I went out I felt a big vibration and the vibration was getting worse and worse for the stint. It was very difficult to drive. There was big traffic at the beginning so we lost the contact we had with the leader. At the end we lost the grip so it was so difficult. Then Pierre came back to the car and he did a good job. We ended up fourth. It think it was possible to get a podium today, but both BMWs today we stronger. As of the last race they have been too strong and they need to find something different in the BoP.”

Photo: Risi Competizione